Please welcome guest author (and one of my favorite matrix energetics healers), Linda Easthouse, with the introduction of her fresh-off-the-press book:
Linda comes highly recommended by many, and will always have my personal recommendation. She has done multiple matrix energetics healing sessions with my youngest daughter and I will forever be so grateful that universe guided us to cross paths. Thank you, Linda, for being a guest on my site and sharing your innate wisdom with my followers!
In this season of busyness it is so important to keep our sense of peace. For some it is just the busyness of work parties, recitals, children’s Christmas events and school plays while for others it is the pain or trauma of losses felt keenly at this time of year, while for some the dread of family gatherings and the stress of strained relationships takes a toll. For some the financial burdens of the holiday spending are overwhelming.
What are you doing to keep yourself at peace and let go of the tensions that tie knots in your stomach and keep you up at night? Here are some easy tips to help you cope and keep your joy and peace.
- Keep your purpose in mind. Why and what are you celebrating this season? Actually sit down and write out an answer. That will be your guide for making decisions. We have let the marketers and hype warp our thinking. This season is about God making himself visible in the world. Do your celebrations help you see that? Make some changes and create new traditions that speak to your why.
- Check out the Belief System Elimination technique on my website and allow yourself to say NO without the stress. In performing this technique, try phrases like, “I have to go if I am invited,” “I say no with ease and grace”, “It’s OK to say no without an excuse”, “I can’t disappoint people by saying no”. Use whatever tapes or guilt trips you have in your thinking. Positive statements and beliefs can also be stressful so try those too, but heed the warning: no more than 2 or 3 in a day. You can set your brain into overdrive rewiring those thoughts and you might spend a day in bed if you are not careful.
- Make a plan for what you want to go to–make purposeful choices and practice your new NO skills. Plan for days that are quiet at home or away to restore and refresh interspersed with busy days. Don’t book yourself solid. Plan for some physical outdoors events too. If you are having a party, shake it up and make it an activity instead of food and hanging out. Even plan a walk after dinner and let others know to bring walking boots and warm clothes.
- Decide in advance that it is OK to buy cookies instead of making them all. Same goes for hors d’oeuvres. Simplify the food. No one needs the quantities of sweet and starchy desserts that have become common place. Create new traditions with healthier fruit and veggie snacks and desserts. Same goes for alcohol and drinks. Provide flavored veggie waters like cucumber and lemon. Make a hot spicy apple cider without the alcohol for the last few rounds of the night. Let your creative juices flow.
- Make time for yourself every day. Even if it is just 15 minutes do one of the stress relieving exercises from the Reduce Your Stress section of Pushing the Reset Button. Try out the breathing exercises, the visualizations, or the Meridian Tracing. Just 15 minutes a day will make a big difference to your overall stress levels.
- Remember no one makes you angry or sad, or happy or joyful. You make your own emotions. Others may pull strings and push buttons or create environments where you have a conditioned reaction, but it is your choice to respond however you please. You can walk away, say no, laugh at them, do your own thing…. Doing what they want you to do is giving your power away. It does take two to argue so keep your mouth shut and smile. Better to be taken for a fool for not speaking than to open your mouth and prove them right. Of course when you are tired, hungry, drunk, or overcommitted, you are pushing your own stress buttons and are more likely to explode over something small. Take care of yourself and it will be easier to ignore the turkeys.
- Peace and joy are by-products of staying in your heart zone. Your head is great for evaluating options but your heart tells you which decisions are worth spending time on. Trust your intuition and choose those things that will create joy and peace internally. Let go of the need to keep everyone else happy at your expense. Share your peace and joy with others who need it. Your vibration and solid grounding will help others reach the same place.
I am a Stress Management expert and a healer. But, I don’t believe in managing stress. Managing stress means you keep it, you fiddle with it, and try to control it. Just let it go. You need to eliminate the cause, stop pushing the panic button and start Pushing the Reset Button.
I am the owner of East House Natural Health in Calgary, AB. Where we help you let go of your stress, find your healthy potential and take charge of your own health. www.lindaeasthouse.com
~Linda Orr Easthouse